i can't test right now so you may already have this or have this planned, but i hope this will have basic accessability features? seated play with multiple locomotion options, height adjustment, that sort of thing? this is exactly the sort of thing i want out of VR since my disability prevents me from going to actual galleries a lot of the time, so it'd be a shame if i couldn't play it because it was standing-only or something
the art house VR
A downloadable virtual art space
the art house VR a virtual art space dedicated to curating and supporting online artists. This is a VR project I'm making with support of the Oculus Launch Pad program.
I'm also prototyping social features like leaving Art Reactions on art (kinda like twitter likes or facebook reactions), as well as artist support features such as an IAP called ArtCoins that's used for donations and fun activities with proceeds going towards artists. There's also an email list feature where you can request more info about certain exhibits or artists in the VR space and you'll get an IRL email about it!
As this project is still in development and primarily targeting Oculus, the art house VR is available on the Oculus Store in an alpha release channel for testing purposes. If you would like to be part of alpha/beta testing for this project, feel free to message me or email firstname.lastname@example.org
the art house VR currently only runs on Oculus Rift. I have plans on porting to Oculus Quest, Vive/Index, and possibly even a Win/Mac Desktop version.
How To Play
- Download and unzip game package
- Plug in your Oculus Rift and make sure the Oculus software is running
- Double-click TheArtHouseVR.exe and put on your headset
- NOTE: To use the social features such as Art Reactions, you must have an internet connection
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Yes, this project is being built with accessibility in mind for that exact reason. Due to time constraints, I wasnt able to put in all the planned accessibility features in this first demo. However, I tried designing the space early on knowing I won't have all accessibility features until the first public beta:
- No part of the art viewing is restricted by height, or whether you're sitting or standing
- The only locomotion right is teleportation, which in my experience gives the least amount of motion sickness
- Besides locomotion and point-and-clicking to play videos, all physical interactions are purely optional (nothng should block you from viewing any of the art)
Planned accessibility features for the first public beta includes:
- multiple locomotion settings
- single controller and vision-only controls
- height adjustment settings
- Text size/font settings
I removed your upload limit, please upload the game directly to itch.io so people don’t have any issues getting the file. Thanks!
This looks like an incredibly fun project that could have huge ramifications for artists that can't really get involved in traditional arts spaces and galleries. Awesome idea- I wish I owned an Oculus for this!